Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocks View Post
Hi guys,

I had searched and notice a number of people are getting quite a good fuel consumption where my vehicle information is showing 25.9 litres/100 km. Is this normal? I am driving in city with heavy traffic most of the time. car is few months old and bought new.
Without your average KM/H...your fuel consumption is all a guess. Comparing fuel consumption with others without considering average KM/H (or MPH)...its comparing apples to oranges (a big mistake in most threads on this topic).

If someone has a higher average KM/H (MPH) versus someone with a lower average...when comparing fuel consumption...then one with the higher average will usually always appear to be getting better fuel consumption.

Heavy city/urban driving with lots of stop-n-go, higher engine revs from multiple take-offs from traffic lights & stop signs...heavy braking ...engine idleing while stopped/not moving...all will result in a low average KM/H (MPH) and higher fuel consumption versus someone driving long miles on a highway with a constant engine RPM, little braking, and no engine idling.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-11-2019 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0