Fknid
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by feven1026 View Post
correct me if i am wrong.

how is your engine perform at normal during cold start, idle, accelerate and decelerate?
Thanks for everyone's input. The car starts well every time, and idles ok most of the time - every so often is seems a bit shaky but that goes away within the first 30 seconds. Acceleration is fine once going, and deceleration is fine with no issues going back to idle ok.

The accelerator pedal seems to have a large "dead zone", where there is no engine response at all. When the car is cold (10-15 deg C) during slow take off the engine will respond only slightly and will appear to bog down during transition from idle to applying power to the wheels. This then results in quite a noticeable forward jerk as it seems the engine decides to up the power. It seems like it's about to stall and the engine tries to prevent this (I have no evidence that it is preventing a stall though, and it has never stalled, and no codes are ever reported).

Last year I reset all engine adaptations and there was a noticeable difference for the first 100 kms or so where the engine was perfect , but, it quickly adapted itself to run poorly when cold. When the engine is at operating temp is does run pretty well, and most times the jerking take off is gone. It is still better than it was, but not perfect.

My next step is to see if there are any small leaks in the intake system that could effect cold running performance and I also need to update the I-Level.

I have performed the TBA reset that is mentioned and I'm not sure if it does anything on this car. Hard to tell. I have performed it on an F10 535d and it made a huge difference.

I'll just keep reseting whatever I find in ISTA+ and see what happens. How bad can it be?
Appreciate 0