View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Dreaded Drivetrain Malfunction

Recently installed a brand new RC GTS. Drove to San Diego last Tuesday with RC setting on Efficiency and toggled between Sport and Comfort mode. The 500 miles drive down to Hermosa Beach and San Diego was fun and uneventful. Spent a few days in San Diego and drove back up to NorCal Saturday morning. I change the RC mode to Sport and the vehicle in Sport mode. The 400+ miles drive was both fun and uneventful. However, the vehicle threw a Drivetrain Malfunction with about 90 miles to go. The car went to limp mode with less power I turned off the RC unit and drove in eco pro. We came home 1.5 hours later, turned off the car and plugged in my Autolink reader. I turned the car on and the DTC error code disappeared. I scanned it and my code reader didn't see anything wrong. I figured it was nothing and the sensor resetted. This morning we drove to the coast (Sonoma) to visit our friends. The vehicle threw the same error code. We pulled over, turned off the engine, and waited for a few minutes. I turned the car back on and the error code is gone. However, the check engine light is now showing on the dashboard. We got home and plugged in my Autolink and it gives me this (see below).

Had to leave with the family for dinner so I couldn't look into this further. I guess I'll be removing the RC and taking the car to the dealership tomorrow. I hope it's nothing serious.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0