View Single Post
      08-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #732
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
After one day of driving, I decided to go back to the muffler shop. Sound isn't bad, but some drone at high gear/low rpm around 1100-1400rpm plus some other strange noises . I just ordered two of the resonators you mentioned, the 16" ones from Amazon. Will take around a week or so to arrive. Now my dilemma is to keep or not the x-pipe? Since I will be having these new resonators, maybe they will do a better job at muffling the gear changing rattle? At this point I am not 100% how is that muffled by the x-pipe since it is non-resonated. I think it is because of the scavenger effect the turbo wastegate may behave differently. I really like the way OEM exhaust sounds with the catless dp. Except the gear rattle changing on D mode, the sound it is 10/10. I am willing to have that back if needs rather the the x-pipe sound. The muscle car rumble it is much better for my taste. I will ask the muffler shop to fabricate an H pipe instead of the x-pipe, just a short H connection in between the pipes where the x-pipe is. That and the 16" resonators. Hopefully will be what I am looking for
I think you will really like the resonators, it makes the sound even deeper IMO. As for the X-pipe, I am not sure how it affects the sounds vs an H-pipe so it will be very interesting to hear how it turns out, I think either way you will be good. And perhaps its just in my mind, but I swear it is faster now after the mods, its too hot to draggy the times on here in AZ but when it cools down some I will get some times on it. Interested to see if you think yours feels quicker after the resonators. Post some audio clips too if you can
Appreciate 0