United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Washed them a bit in a bucket with liquid soap and water. Tried to depress each piston to check if they are seized or not, I thought it would take great force, but to my surprise it's doable by a thumb without too much force - brake fluis came out as a result from hose - so I guess it's all good! Rubber dust boots look good too - I don't even think it needs changing (but may still do it while I'm at it)

What is new to me is how simple and reliable construction is: 2 pins, 1 clip and that's it - you can take out pads even without removing caliper on the car. Brilliant design by Brembo (I guess all bbk are like that lol)

Caliper has 2 bleeding valves covered by rubber caps. I checked them and they look like new! Interesting that pads are quite big and pretty much 80% left - tempting to just reuse everything

Also took off brake line from caliper - came off easily, just needed 9/16 wrench (isn't German cars in metric guys? I'm new to this)
Brembo is Italian. And did you try a metric first or just find a 9/16 worked. Most the time you can find two similar sizes but run the risk of stripping if it's a seized bolt or nut.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50