View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 03:15 PM   #81
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

I will get an ICM 5.4 or above to do a test run on my bench. ICM is the only module that creates a network between Radar to Diagnostic SW. Without ICM or LDM you will not have any communication with this unit.

I have removed the middle panel today and doubled checked every connection. KAFAS connected to wrong pins. I will see the results again.

Kafas plug was deceiving. i will check and report back.

Update : After Default Code the KAFAS and ICM, Radar S Line Fault codes are gone. Now i have only one error to fix, this might be regarding to ICM coding or Software :

Kafas Error Free now and ICM only have 2 error stored. This is a huge imporvement since now i have a solid connection with the ACC radar.

Problem :

Whenever i try to flash the FRR module with the calculation of F15, Because FRR gets the connection thru the ICM, ICM also gets some sort of data or something and then LRR populates on the ISTA right Next to ICM. In order to get back to normal working condition, i have to flash the ICM again and this removes the LRR from the module and makes the car error free again. So in this step, ICM should be the first module which needs to be flash then gives you access to read and flash the ACC Radar.

My theory is the SW version of the ICM with being F85 base does not allow connection with the FRR. So before i flash the ICM with F15 values on the car, i will invest some money and buy ICM to my bench and i will flash the ICM with the same calculated value of F15 VO and try to reach to my spare ACC Radar. If i can get a connection and if i am able to flash the FRR with the new version of the ICM, i will then do the same thing on the car.

F15/16 crew should do this process easy peasy since the original TAL calculation will allow to flash the ICM and FRR with correct values and will give you access to connect your FRR thru ICM without and issue.

FRR-01 Log Data with Failure :

Read SVT before TAL execution started.

TAL execution started.
VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]
MCDDiagService<id=84900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_ReadFlashTimingPara meters, service=RDBI_FTP - ReadDataByIdentifier FlashTimingParameter, description=error: timeout, link=FRR_21_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]
[] use default timing parameters as an exception occured [WARN]
[] - [Exception - FRR - 21] negative response error:
code: TIMEOUT P2/T2 occurred
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_FTP has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: FRR_21_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

ExecutionID=2021/06/11-18:02:34.419
[] prepareTALExecution started [PROGRESS]
MCDDiagService<id=48900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_CheckProgrammingCou nter, service=RDBI_PC - ReadDataByIdentifier ProgrammingCounter, description=error: timeout, link=FRR_21_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]
[] prepareTALExecution finished [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForFlash started [PROGRESS]
MCDDiagService<id=20600, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_PrepareVehicleFo rFlash, service=CC, description=error: negative response : conditionsNotCorrect, link=#RtGen_MultipleEcuJob_LogicalLink> [DIAGSERVICE]
MCDDiagService<id=76600, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_PrepareVehicleFo rFlash, service=RC_SEM, description=error: negative response : conditionsNotCorrect, link=#RtGen_MultipleEcuJob_LogicalLink> [DIAGSERVICE]
[] prepareVehicleForFlash finished [PROGRESS]
MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=FRR_21_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]
MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=FRR_21_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]
[FRR - 21] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files. [WARN]
[FRR - 21] - [Exception - FRR - 21] negative response error:
code: TIMEOUT P2/T2 occurred
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: FRR_21_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

This is because ICM did not open gateway for the FRR yet!
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 06-11-2021 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0