View Single Post
      07-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #28
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Geico wants to put an aftermarket tailgate (lower part) on it. They claim it's been independently verified and that it's legal for them to do so. Should I be concerned? My initial gut feeling is no--because I will look over it with a fine tooth comb and if it is not 100% perfect I can point that out the the shop who is very discerning and would side with me if there are any issues (they have in the past).

Other than that, nothing concerning in what they plan to do to fix it. The adjuster admitted that the looseness in my front seat backs didn't seem normal, but doesn't want to authorize replacement before additional inspection.

He also said that they will not cover the rental for the 30 days between the car being painted and when I can reinstall a clear bra. I told him that I'm not okay with that since I'm not willing to drive my car with no clear bra and uncured paint which would more or less guarantee rock chips.
Apparently a lot of customers have fought this thru escalations and lost--not sure if he said that to discourage me or if it will in reality be much more of a pain in the ass than driving one of my other cars for a month while the X5 cures.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0