parthpatel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_erik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_erik View Post
Brought the truck in this week because I felt shamed about the suspension creaking! I was living with it, but writing up that suspension deep-dive post really got me thinking that it was unacceptable.

Turns out my K-MAC adjustable bushings are completely rusted and shot. I am in shock. These were installed only last June! Trying to decide my next move, but I'm happy the creaking wasn't due to my BC Racing Coilovers.

Do you guys think I should wait for a warranty replacement from K-MAC and just replace the bad bushings, or go back to a new OEM lower control arm? The labor for replacing the bushings on the existing control arms is more than replacing the entire control arm! Also thinking that since these are the original control arms / ball joints it is probably a good idea to replace the whole thing and move on. I will just have to deal with the negative camber in this scenario.
Update - Spoke with Kevin at K-MAC who confirmed they completely overhauled the adjustable bushings with a new design so this type of issue won't happen again. I am going to replace the lower control arms and give K-MAC another shot with the free replacement adjustable bushings.
Nice! From a purely asthetic perspective do you think you could get away with only the adjustable rear control arms? Thinking about leaning this way.
Appreciate 0