View Single Post
      04-08-2024, 01:38 PM   #8199
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

The other day I was at the gas station, as I pulled up to the pump I saw a friends brother Paul roll past me on his sxs. He has a colorful criminal history, felon on multiple counts (drugs), loose canon that suffers bad PTS from the things he saw as a Marine in Iraq. He was arrested a few years ago for walking into Walmart in full armor and a pistol strapped to his side screaming someone was following him. While I don't trust him, we get along well enough so I wondered if he would come over to say hi. I was on the phone so I hadn't gotten out he truck yet, a couple minutes later I hear yelling, look in my rear view mirror and see someone in a vikings hoodie pull their shirt up and draw a pistol and think to myself "shit, Paul is here, this can't be good. I hope I'm not having to talk him down." As I opened the door I heard "POLICE! GET DOWN!" Turns out the guy in the hoodie was undercover that was tailing him. They run across a couple parking spots and Paul is taken to the ground. Suddenly 4 Sheriff SUVs, 2 unmarked squads, and 2 plain white utility vans fly into the lot, and teams of full kit Sheriff come out of both vans. Wholy shit! It's unfortunate that he is still getting himself into trouble, but awesome to see the coordination in person.

Turns out Paul was arrested there back in Feb. A couple Sheriff went to his house for a routine welfare check, couldn't find him, but talked to two people who stated he threatened to kill them. They then got a call from the gas station that Paul was there acting strange, making comments he killed someone and was trying to leave without paying. Sheriff shows up, Paul tries to fight and get their weapon, tried stabbing them with a pen. He was arrested, claimed he was having a PTS episode (which is probably likely), released to supervised house arrest.

VA apparently has a open bed for him at Pauls request for treatment, but no one wants to take the time to transport him there. Understandably they won't allow family to bring him, but neither the VA nor the Sheriff will transport him either...?

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0