View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 12:05 AM   #47
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I have an 11 y/o and 15 y/o and they go to exceptional public schools in the Kansas City metro. I want the kids back in school and they want to be back in school. They kicked butt doing not-really-required online school from late March to late May. However, only 25% of the students participated.

Our district has given the option of hybrid and online. Hybrid won't work because of the goals and requirements set. If we do it, it will be closed down in two weeks. Online will be an utter shitshow because the district doesn't have the server load capacity to make it work. They're fooling themselves.

I want to see full school for those that want to go. For those students and teachers that don't, then they participate in online. You don't close down for a case here and there. It's a total joke and meaningless. You shutdown if you have a major outbreak. You quarantine if you get the virus, you have symptoms, or you have someone in the family that gets sick. You wear a mask in school. You try and stay 3 feet a a part. Eating in the cafeteria means and open seat between everyone. Wash your hands.
Appreciate 0