View Single Post
      09-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

The Perfect Watch for a Businessman

So this weekend I've been seeking out what I want next. I'm far from reaching a decision, but I stumbled across something that instantly qualifies for my short list: Breguet Reveil du Tsar Enamel. (There is also a silver guilloche version, but it's not nearly as elegant and it costs more.)

It tells the time of day in two timezones, has an alarm, and lets me know how much power is left before I'll need to take action. Inasmuch as I have no need for dive, drive, stopwatch, moon phase info or any myriad of other functions, but I do travel nearly every week, this bad boy is perfect. Leave it to the company founded by a man who is a seminal figure in the industry, inventing both the tourbillion and the minute repeater, and who created a wristwatch long (50+ years) before Patek Philippe did. (1812 Breguet watch No. 2639 -- early as that is, it follows the very first by some 300 years or so.)

I don't at all care for watches that have more than three hands on the dial because mostly I don't think them attractive, and I, until now, always think them busy looking and hard to read. So here I am now craving a watch having seven hands. The grand feu enamel dial is simply gorgeous, as is everything else about this watch. It's really true that one can never say never.

Silver guilloche version:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0