03-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #37
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

One more question: What really draws me to these watches is the movements. What are some watches that show off the movement really well, either via the back or front (skeletonized).

I see a lot of skeleton watches that kind of go overboard. Are there any really tasteful ones that you can think of?

I won't lie...I don't like any skeleton watch. I'm also not really a movement junkie. I get what a movement is about. I understand the differences among them and what I'm paying for as go movements. I appreciate all the finishing and decoration that goes into some of them. I can also say honestly that of the watches I have that have an exhibition back, aside from looking at the movement on the day I got the watch, unless someone expressly forced me to look at the movement, I deliberately haven't looked at one of the since.

I'll look through some of the reference stuff I've got to see if I've ever noted a skeleton watch that caught my eye.

PS
This is going to sound like heresy to some folks. Tourbillions are another thing that as much as I understand and appreciate the effort ti takes to create them, I have very little interest in buying one anytime soon. I've seen about three or four, maybe even half a dozen that I even think look okay, and perhaps a few that I think look stunning, but mostly I can't stand how the face of a watch with an exposed tourbillion escapement looks. I know some tourbillion freaks whose view on them is 180 degrees the opposite of mine.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0