03-12-2014, 01:28 AM   #38
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I won't lie...I don't like any skeleton watch. I'm also not really a movement junkie. I get what a movement is about. I understand the differences among them and what I'm paying for as go movements. I appreciate all the finishing and decoration that goes into some of them. I can also say honestly that of the watches I have that have an exhibition back, aside from looking at the movement on the day I got the watch, unless someone expressly forced me to look at the movement, I deliberately haven't looked at one of the since.

I'll look through some of the reference stuff I've got to see if I've ever noted a skeleton watch that caught my eye.

PS
This is going to sound like heresy to some folks. Tourbillions are another thing that as much as I understand and appreciate the effort ti takes to create them, I have very little interest in buying one anytime soon. I've seen about three or four, maybe even half a dozen that I even think look okay, and perhaps a few that I think look stunning, but mostly I can't stand how the face of a watch with an exposed tourbillion escapement looks. I know some tourbillion freaks whose view on them is 180 degrees the opposite of mine.

All the best.
Understood. I haven't really found any skeletons that I've liked either, so I was leaning more towards something with a really nice exhibition back.

The closest thing I've found so far that I kind of like is this guy because it's on the conservative side. Still a little too busy though.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0