View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #294
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

At the risk of being called a fake or whatever crude some are slinging around, I see a time and place for both in the world. Not trying to argue the legality as that is clear cut in the USA.
I personally do not own a replica, I own 3 watches an Omega Speedy, Hamilton Field and my everyday cheapo Citizen. Thay all have a purpose, I bought the Omega when I got divorced figured hell giving everything else away might as well buy a nice watch, overpaid should not have bought could not afford it at the time, the Hamilton is just a nice watch casual wear with a quality movement and got a great price on it, the Citizen is exactly what it is a beater.
My oldest nephew is 17 and obessed with bling and such, on a lark a bought a fake as hell Rolex in NYC on a trip for him, paid $65, feels like it was made out of aluminum foil but from 10 feet I defy anyone to pick it out when wearing with the right clothes. He likes it and understands it's fake but wears it a lot. For him who cares, he refers to it as a Folex if anyone asks.
So to me outside of the legal issue as long as people represent it for what it is who cares. I personally do not get riled up over M badges on non M's either, I simply laugh and say poor misguided soul to myself.
Appreciate 0