View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #299
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
Well...yea I meant honestly! You really don't think what we've heard from a few is all there is to it do you? 99 times out of a hundred, nobody is going to stroll by a guy on the street and with a completely empty mind decide, "oh this will be fun to buy and throw out within a month". Come on now.

There's nothing "fun" about buying or wearing a fake piece. It doesn't make good conversation. It does nothing but make you look like you're trying to be something your not. News flash; that's not a good look.

This discussion has nothing to do with anybody being better than anybody else. It's about the psychology behind what drives people to purchase and sport fake luxury goods when they could simply stick within their price range. If somebody out there truly enjoys buying fake watches (or whatever else) and striking up conversation all about that fact; well then that's fine, kinda odd, but whatever floats your boat.
What does wearing a fake $20k watch (or a real one for that matter) "make you look like?"

Note: I don't actually condone wearing fake watches. I'm not a watch guy so I don't really care. I'm just having fun playing devil's advocate.
Appreciate 0