08-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #29
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
It's a fashionable watch, sure, but it's not a fashion watch. A fashion watch is a diesel, d&g, Armani, fossil etc etc.

This is an actual functional watch, unlike most of the fashion brands and ya, I just got the watch, so I haven't used the features, but I bought it for the radio controlled features and to use them.

Like I said, I don't buy fashion watches, in my collection I have some Lum-Tec, Tag, Breitling and Movado Series 800 to name a few, and all of them, if they have the dive functions or any other functions, are all put to use, they're not box queens.
Red:
Is there really no more general way to define and identify fashion watches? If not, is there some universally agreed upon list of which companies make only fashion watches? Is it that the watches carrying the name of a maker who also makes garments and other fashion accessories are necessarily, and by association, fashion watches?

Blue:
Well, now, there's something I've never seen: a fashion watch that is not also functional. A few months ago, my father's Rolex wasn't functional, but he's since had it repaired. Perhaps it was temporarily a fashion watch?

All of the fashion watches I've seen have measured and reported, among other things, the time of day. Seeing as you know of some non-functional fashion watches, please share with me what they are.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0