neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Red:
Is there really no more general way to define and identify fashion watches? If not, is there some universally agreed upon list of which companies make only fashion watches? Is it that the watches carrying the name of a maker who also makes garments and other fashion accessories are necessarily, and by association, fashion watches?

Blue:
Well, now, there's something I've never seen: a fashion watch that is not also functional. A few months ago, my father's Rolex wasn't functional, but he's since had it repaired. Perhaps it was temporarily a fashion watch?

All of the fashion watches I've seen have measured and reported, among other things, the time of day. Seeing as you know of some non-functional fashion watches, please share with me what they are.

All the best.
Fairly condescending in your remarks there I think. Maybe I worded it wrong, but yes I think the definition of a fashion watch is that it's not specifically a watch/jewelry designer. Most of the watches I mentioned are made by the same manufacturing company, that also make Oakley glasses and other things as well and have a lot of the same movements.

As for your other comments, fashion watches may have made functional chrono watches, but as far as I've ever seen, nothing like the Navihawk. If there have been I guess I wouldn't know, I wouldn't buy it.
Appreciate 0