08-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #31
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
Fairly condescending in your remarks there I think. Maybe I worded it wrong, but yes I think the definition of a fashion watch is that it's [maker is] not [predominantly] a watch/jewelry designer. Most of the watches I mentioned are made by the same manufacturing company, that also make Oakley glasses and other things as well and have a lot of the same movements.

As for your other comments, fashion watches may have made functional chrono watches, but as far as I've ever seen, nothing like the Navihawk. If there have been I guess I wouldn't know, I wouldn't buy it.
TY for the honest reply. I appreciate that.

Perhaps what you wrote in the earlier post and what you meant aren't the same things. The reworded-by-me text in the first paragraph above is what I think you mean(t).

I would just offer one caution, since it's not among the stuff you wrote either time: don't assume that because a maker doesn't strictly make just watches that the watches they make aren't first rate. There are quite a few designer (non-watch only) brands for which that is far from so.
FWIW, functional watches need only do one thing: measure time. Time measurement doesn't require a displayed stopwatch function. It only requires that some increment of time is measured. A watch doesn't actually have to display/report time; however, it must measure time. A current example of that principle is found in some of Beat Haldimann's watches.

Beat Haldimann H1

Beat Haldiman H9

https://www.hautehorlogerie.org/en/b...eat-haldimann/

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0