Rep
Drives: 50i,750i,650i,GL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deiselpwr View Post
I've had three windshield replaced under warranty ( car had 1000km on it ). All three even the new one from BMW dealer are garbage. I clean the crap out of them from brand new and in direct sunlight it is like there are spots. Thousands of specks all over the glass. It's in between the panels. This is on three new windshield. Only seen in direct sunlight
Yes, I see from your pics - there's definitely something wrong. In that case, i might as well try non-OEM, but I'll make sure it's HUD compatible and is indeed reflecting HUD well.
Thank you
In many cases the non OEM glass is from the OEM manufacturer and are identical to OEM.

Ask for the OEM manufacture of the glass and you'll be fine.

I worked like hell going back and forth with progressive but they in the end replaced mine with OEM bmw glass.

The pics the other poster has shown of the spots in the windshield is possibly from a bad batch in your area but mine is flawless in direct sunlight or any light.

Not anything but clarity and I have the hud connected drive windshield whitch is a 1600 dollar windshield.
Agreed.

If your deductible is the same for oem or aftermarket, then I would insist on OEM. Insurance co. charges you a premium to insure your BMW, don't let them cheap out.

Fight them and a letter from dealer service manager would help your cause. In fact, many dealers will arrange preferred vendor to help you replace windshield as a free service.
Appreciate 1
Picasso37.00