06-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #24
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Perhaps as part of the sharing program with Toyota, the Toyo engineers will show them who's ass to kiss to get the BOP 'properly' weighted. Not saying there was a fix in or anything, I guess those Toyotas were just somehow that much better than e/t else in their group.

And was it just me that was a little PO'd that the AM national news didn't even MENTION Le Mans? I get to hear 3 times about how windy a golf tournament was, and not a word about one of the oldest, and perhaps the most significant auto races of them all. Perhaps Toyota should have spread the payola (I mean development budget) around a little, instead of sending it all to France....
WEC/IMSA gets very little publicity in the US; Nascar, Indy, and F1 seem to get more. But hey, at least Velocity carried the entire race.

As far as your Toyota comments, I'm assuming you're referring to the Z4/Supra collaboration? If so, that's a totally diff project. The Toyotas that won LeMans are hybrid prototypes and BMW doesn't even compete in those classes, just GTE Pro (sportscars). And Toyota only won b/c Porsche/Audi dropped out 2 years ago

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0