View Single Post
      04-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #2301
kryptik.m5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie 335i View Post
I coded my F15 a year or so ago, but everything was wiped by a recent dealer visit. I'm trying to recode now, but can't get my laptop to connect. I have the latest E-Sys and psdzdata from Shawn, and E-Sys loads correctly showing F25 as a target, but "Connection via VIN" is greyed out.

I've checked my IP address when connected, and it sometimes shows a 10.x.x.x, but after I do an ipconfig -release, I get a correct 169.254.x.x. Can't seem to figure out what the issue is?

If it helps at all, I'm running on a MacBook Air through Parallels, with a USB to Ethernet adapter.

Any help is appreciated!
Hello,

I also use my MBP with Parallels to code. From my experience, sometimes I run into that issue as well.

Assuming the trigger for your issue is similar to mine, when using a USB to Ethernet cable, sometimes I have to force Parallels to see the USB Ethernet then press refresh next to the Connection via VIN (I keep E-Sys connection pop-up open while I do all this). When that doesn't work, still keeping E-Sys with connection pop-up open, I unplug the USB ethernet, wait 10 secs then plug it back in. Once Parallels sees the USB ethernet cable, it sometimes takes a few additional seconds before E-Sys connection pop-up automatically shows the VIN (sometimes I get impatient and keep hitting refresh if it takes more than maybe 5 seconds).

These 2 methods typically resolve the issue for me and maybe it works for you as well. If that doesn't work, then hopefully someone else has some suggestions to offer.
Appreciate 1