wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouphidelt View Post
That looks fantastic!

I just ordered a 3.5d Msport...how did you go about getting a "factory override" on the M fender badge and M shifter? Was it something you could request at the dealer level?

Also, you have the ECE taillight (amber signals etc...) were those a retro-fit or done with coding?

Thanks!
I have high-level friends at BMWNA. This isn't something they'll do for a normal customer, unfortunately.

ECE taillights were a retrofit. Unfortunately they're not working properly due to wiring differences between US and RoW vehicles. I have the wiring diagrams and will be fixing this soon.

This is the first time in recent memory I've seen market-specific lamp wiring differences in a BMW. My E9x and F10 cars were simply plug and play - no coding required at all, even to enable rear fogs.