View Single Post
      02-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
The best aftermarket suspension for air suspension is the KW V3 coilover. I have it on my X5 and it's very very good. Don't do just springs as the stock shocks are really soft and cannot keep up with the increased spring rate. Your ride will be so bouncy that you'll eventually want to replace the shocks too, causing you to spend twice the amount of labor and alignment.
I agree, without doubt KW3 is the best option at the moment, not only you can adjust height, but rebound, dampening etc. It is overall a best package that indeed improves handling and reduces body roll and so on

However, I can't stop wondering why is it then that BMW officially offers AC Schintzer lowering springs? Even Dinan offers their set of lowering springs. I mean clearly BMW would not offer such option if it were to deteriorate ride by making it way too bouncy. I know H&R has a bit too much spring rates - hence bumpy ride, but afaik Eibach is pretty much close to stock ride wise
Would be good to have spring rates to compare, as numbers will speak for themselves unlike our subjective opinions, but I can't find spring rates anywhere

Megan Racing lists 14/12 kg/mm front/rear for their coilovers - but I suspect that's way too high and hence ride may be rough even with matching springs. I would like to know stock f15 spring rates to compare, my guess is they are about 9 or 10 kg/mm so if Eibach has similar or close to that rates - then it should be good imho
Appreciate 0