12-11-2023, 05:37 PM   #43
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
How about the stupidest reason you weren't arrested?

In Louisanna I was cruising at 90 mph on I-10 when a Silver lexus pulled up behind me and had a red and blue flashing light on his dashboard. Assuming it was some dork with eBay police lights trying to be funny I took off on him.

A mile or so down the road is a Louisanna State patrol SUV waiting for me with all the his police lights on. Needless to say I was thinking of who to call when I got to jail.

The statie got me stopped then the lexus pulled up and a uniformed officer got out. Quietly wrote me a ticket for 90/65 and dismissed me with no other comment.

Still have no idea why they didn't pin me for fleeing but they got $700 out my wallet.
Lucky you. You could've got reckless driving as well which might've landed you in jail.

My $25 fine was nothing compared to your $700 ticket and it could've ended up so much worse for me. Well, I took that as a serious warning and promised myself I would never drink and drive again. That was more than 50 years ago and I kept my promise. I could've killed myself and my best friend, or killed someone else.