Quote:
Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternight5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Paid like 1600 for it. Don't remember. Got a slight discount as an early adopter. Think I was the second set on the chassis. Out of all the mods and money spent on the car this and the KW were the best money spent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternight5 View Post
How much did u pay for the rk intakes
Damn kinda pricy for intakes might just go with DINAN it's around 1200
Lol yup. Even the dinan isn't worth the $1100. All you're paying for is the CF not performance.
Not necessarily true. I forget the name of the thread here, but someone put the Dinan on a flowbench and has hard numbers that it flows significantly more than stock. 571 vs 451 CFM difference. So in a pair, that's 1142 vs 902 CFM (nearly 20% difference). Now that isn't to say there's a huge performance gain, but it's data to show that Dinan is more than just CF.

I don't think he put RK on the flowbench as he doesn't have any to test...

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ight=flowbench
First yes I'm well aware of that thread and have posted in it many times and if I'm not mistaken I'm actually the last person to post in it so thanks.... second please look up the definition of an exaggeration. I'm well aware that the filters are larger and technically flow more air than oem. That's the nature of them being larger.

But again for like the 3rd time, I'm simply saying the performance gain is quite minimal and the $1200 is thus mostly for the CF dressing vs performance change. And the RK is even worse in that respect although much better looking IMO.

This whole discussion should just be your budget. If you can afford to drop over $2k for the RK then do it. It's closer to a "cold air intake" as you're gonna get. If you can't and must have an intake for the "sound" then dinan is your only other option for $1200 for 2 filters and a new top to the oem air box that's simply taller to fit the larger filters and made of CF.

I'm out cuz this is getting too lost in translation. GL OP! Sorry to confuse everyone.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1