View Single Post
      09-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #11
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
That is why we have the only two SUVs that solve the boot issue. Both the LX 470 and X5 are the only two with split tailgates. We take turns sitting on the tailgate and taking boots off (240 lbs limit). And, the towel on the floor when I climb up.

And my replacement X5 is the M Sport. And now we have something in common.
Matt, I don't remember who posted this, but the limit for the X5 tailgate is 500 lbs.

Also, I like my running boards...they may provide some function and may be partly for aesthetics as well. I use them a lot when sitting in my seat and changing into soccer or basketball shoes. I know how you feel about the calf area getting hit. I've just adapted and learned to put more of my weight onto the left portion of my driver seat before getting out and then stepping over the running board. I don't know how useful they'll be, but winter is coming soon, so that will be the best time to test them . I'm sure they'll help when I need to kick off the snow from my feet. Now, I'm really glad I also got the WeatherTech floor mats/liners (not sure why people differentiate them since they're the same thing supposedly).