View Single Post
      11-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
replicat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 40MPG

I too, read about the Flexray technology, and thats what lead me to this question. I forgot to mention it in my post. But, from what I understand the system is going to be used in alot of upcoming cars, including the new 7. It is said that it will lead a way for DBW steering and braking. Exciting.

I'm sure he was just talking about springs, because I had some eibach sports on, and with out the swap of dampers, it was hardly balanced in most corners. With a complete setup, of coilovers and swaybars on the e46, lots of, if not all of the factory understeer is gone.

M does a great job with the suspension of their cars, and they keep it realistic for the majority of their customers. Some thinking the suspension is too stiff, some thinking its too soft. But now most companies including BMW/M, are getting the clue that cars are being bought and then taken to the track more than before, so now they offer what technology has given them. Stiffer suspensions along with a more comfortable ride OR in-car electronic dampening controls. BRILLIANT!!
Appreciate 0