Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yewlock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
It's to save money. 4pot in the rear of a front engine vehicle just aren't needed on the street. But that doesn't excuse them as far as I'm concerned. Hell even a 2 piston fixed would look better than the floating 1 piston and not cost that much more. But hey they do it and you still buy it.

As far as an upgrade, you have brembo rear or the rear 4 pots from the panamara can be made to fit the rotor. A company out of Russia does it. Sells on eBay for $1600. Includes calipers, paint, adapters, and as brake lines.

Hell my dads 2014 F type R doesn't come with any type of fixed calipers! (Or a rear view camera or heated seats) lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
I have to admit that I do like my "fancy" rear brakes weather they are actually necessary or not...
My neighbor have a new SVR. Look nice and exhaust note sounds good. How is the reliability of the F type?
Not bad. No major issues that he's told me about. His biggest complaint is the interior knobs are getting all gummy from the Florida heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgjoX6M2016 View Post
I am sure there is a lot of engineering work and complex calculations going on here...
i read that as calculations and financial engineering. i believe it is to save cost on something that is most likely not needed to begin with and is an aesthetic improvement for majority of the people who drive these vehicles. i would love a proper four pot set up in the rear but the vehicle brakes just fine without issue as is because even the $14k ccb upgrade (p/n: 34112317804) has the larger caliper and the rear still utilizes the single piston. the nice thing about the ccb kit is not only does it save you about 50lbs in unsprung weight but it also lightens your wallet.

[img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/23QAA...Q4/s-l1600.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/klsAA...Q~/s-l1600.jpg[/img]

if i recall correctly there is a guy over on the x5 forum who took the fronts from E70 X5M and installed them in the rear.
Ya but they look so damn good! And you can still replace that rear caliper with a 4 pot! Lol Just need to have the correct brake pads!
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 2
yewlock697.50
iconoclast7266.50