Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah
Sounds promising, I'm hoping for a real and usable 3 row seat so I can get out of the MDX and into the X5.

Don't get me wrong the MDX is nice and the upcoming 2014 model looks very promising as well but I would like an X5 this go around.
The 3rd row in the current MDX isn't any more usable than the one in the current E70 X5. If anything, the E70's 3rd row is MORE usable than the MDX's because you can get in it from either side of vehicle vs only from the passenger side in the MDX. Plus the E70's 3rd tilts up and out of the way. The 3rd row in the '13 MDX doesn't.
What difference does it make of the seat tilts up, leans back or break dances if no one can fit in it. My kids never use that feature anyway they climb over or go in thru the rear hatch. I have four children and only the smallest of them could fit in the 3rd row of an equipped X5 whereas all of my children,(two at a time) fit very comfortably in the 3rd row of my MDX. The X5 3rd row is notibly smaller than the 3rd in the MDX.

With that being said, it may currently work for you and yours but currently does not work for me and mine and therefore the MDX 3rd row is more usable for me at this time.
Appreciate 0