View Single Post
      02-15-2024, 07:00 AM   #7
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I've had Progressive for 20 years, all BMWs. Every few years they would hit me with stupid increases. I'd call and ask why my rates were going up and they would say they couldn't do anything. I would then get a quote from another company and call back a few days later to say I got a better rate and wanted to cancel. All of a sudden they would be able to reduce my rate/increase by writing my policy with a different Progressive company or by changing my "tier". It's all a game.

Fast forward to this year. My previous relationship was with Progressive directly, no broker. I was renewing my homeowners and excess liability insurance with my broker. I had to give her my auto policy info for the excess liability coverage. She offered me an auto policy for much less than Progressive. I thanked her for quoting but said I was sitting on the fence about changing companies because I have been with Progressive for so long. She took it upon herself and went to Progressive and came back with a quote from Progressive for hundreds less than their renewal to me for the same coverages.

As far as Progressive not insuring BMWs, it could be no new policies. Mine is technically a new policy though. The old one was canceled. Unless they took into consideration that even though it is a BMW and a new policy, they've covered me for so many years.