12-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #10
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray3d3 View Post
This is not a rant, merely explaining my reasons for not staying with BMW. My X5 lease is up in a few months and I can't think of a good reason to choose another X5 (or X6) this time. I value your opinions so I am interested in hearing any feedback.

1. Run flats ... yes I know this subject has been debated ad nauseum but it still annoys the hell out of me why BMW forces these shitty tires on its customers. At least give us the option. The ride is awful, they are expensive as hell to replace and not repairable. The first thing I did when taking possession of my X5 was remove the RFTs and put on some Conti DSW6's. I will be taking the X5 back with brand new RFTs, beats paying for new ones that are too worn out.

2. It seems as BMW is seriously lagging behind other luxury auto makers when it comes to electronics. No Google Auto available and Car Play is optional ($). Waze is by far the best traffic option in my area and I am sick and tired of using my phone when a lot of other vehicles offer the option directly from the vehicle. BMW's Navi and traffic are awful, not updated often enough and at a cost (Bimmian's updates).

A few other minor irritants that will go unmentioned. I did really enjoy the driver experience though, it is a really nice vehicle that is surprisingly fun the drive for it's size. Not crazy about the X5 redesign either.

My current options are F-Pace, Q8 and Velar. Haven't been to dealers yet so this list might get longer
22 inch comes without runflats on G05, also CarPlay has waze blown full screen on G05. Not trying to be a smartass, just found out about it a week ago.
Appreciate 0