03-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #19
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovaanything View Post
Very interesting considering that my wife got my Breitling from authenticwatches.com I'll have to follow up with them & Breitling regarding warranty.
Go the the authenticwatches website and read up on their warranty. I doubt Breitling will honor the warranty as the watch was not purchased from an Authorized dealer (AD). Authenticwatches cover purchases with their own warranty... Here is something from their website:

"All orders from AuthenticWatches.com will come with a Certificate of Authenticity. This certificate, with an authorized signature from AuthenticWatches.com, will verify that the watch purchased is guaranteed to be authentic. AuthenticWatches.com does not sell products in accordance to manufacturer suggested retail pricing, therefore warranties offered are facilitated through AuthenticWatches.com to save you both time and money. We have found that forwarding timepieces to the manufacturer generally took far too long to be worked on, due to manufacturers outsourcing their repairs to authorized service centers. The turn-around period for a general repair took anywhere from 8-12 weeks, often times with extra costs involved; whereas, a general repair* processed by AuthenticWatches.com generally takes 4-6 weeks. Based on our years of experience in our industry, we have developed relationships with multiple service centers to both expedite any repair, and lessen the costs involved in non-warranty issues.

We match, or exceed the length of warranty to the amount provided by the manufacturer who produced the watch. Often times, we offer an extra year of warranty in comparison to that of the manufacturers. After any warranty through AuthenticWatches.com expires, you are welcomed to forward your timepiece in for repairs (only if the watch was initially purchased from us) at cost, meaning you will pay exactly what we do and not a penny more. It is just another way we can make sure you have an excellent overall experience with our company."

Bottom line: Check with Breilting but many times watch makers will not honor warranites, will not repair gray market watches and sometimes will not provide parts for repairs. Perhaps Tony will have a better answer but where does Authenticwatches source parts for repair? Are they using OEM parts or third party?
Appreciate 0