Thread: Boot mod 3
View Single Post
      03-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #27
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Go to their facebook page and check how many questions are left unanswered... They are good tuners, but problem with them is that they are very disorganized. When you ask them something - it's 50/50 chance you get an answer or maybe not lol. This is why I am still looking at Stage 2 tune - because my questions are still not answered and I asked them 2-3 times. Money is burning my hand and yet they are too busy doing something else. It seems to me, that they created bm3 in a haste and without taking a proper time to structure who is responsible for what. The result is that there's random guys answering and you never know who is who, and what's going on. They post bunch of M4 stuff, and while I'm glad that some M4 got so much boost and such and such specs lol - but my questions about x5 are left unanswered. What should I think after that lol? On top of that - again go check their facebook page - almost every day you see posts of users with issues and what's more interesting - it's again lottery like 50/50 - some of them get help, some are left in cold without any answers or posts from bm3!? If I pay for a license only $800+ - I kinda expect to get help and answers AND preferably BEFORE I pay - otherwise it's like buying a mystery box from ebay lol
Bottom line is that they need to pay attention to users and their questions and they need to decide who and how will take care of that - for now it's just a random guys answering some of the questions (not all) and you never know who is that guy - a random facebook user like you and me or someone who actually works on bm3? Also, almost every other day you see some issues with servers, loading, their apps, connection issues, VIN issues etc. It's a mess imho. I think it's because again they started offering a half finished product too early while still figuring out bugs and issues on the go.

I lost my interest in them, besides they don't offer anything that other tuners don't have. They are basically just yet another middle man with their proprietary software (bm3) that allows them to cash on you while providing a list of tunes/maps from other vendors lol. Question is - why should you pay them - when you can get same maps/tunes directly from the vendor you like most? Unless you like to switch and try a lot of maps/tunes - then yes, bm3 is preferable
I'm really unsure of who you are but feel free to reach out to us at any time to clarify anything. BM3 facebook group currently has over 600 members and we post in there to help but also have fun with everyone else having fun with their cars and whatever tune it may be they're running. I don't recall leaving any questions unanswered, unless we were sleeping There isn't an army of us out there, its a 5 people operation of that 3 people in tech support currently but we try our best!

As for custom tunes from us, we were providing custom maps to cars since 2012 but since building out the bootmod3 platform with a tuner directory we chose to focus on building the platform further while offering our own OTS maps that we have built ourselves like all other tunes we offer. We also update those maps on a regular basis any time we find better ways to do certain features or even change power delivery etc and updates are free of charge. If we also offered custom tuning then feature support would suffer as there simply wouldn't be time to build really useful features like datalogging, live dash, map switching, cloud based maps and logs management, built in custom tuning editor, end user adjustment screen to turn off cold start on/off, exhaust burble sliders for adjustment of that feature, diagnostics, TMAP changes for those looking to go with a 3.5bar TMAP in their map, unlocking over OBD port instead of pulling DMEs, etc. Platform is unique built from the ground up in house with no 3rd party software or files. Our flashes are the fastest in the industry with a full install and unlock taking less than 4 minutes on single DME cars and about 6-7 minutes on dual DME cars. Map switching takes only 40 seconds. All of this wouldn't be possible if we like others simply bought a Frieling cable like many do and sell the same file, many times bought from a third party, and see you later sort of deal. BM3 license also has resale value in that the original owner can resell it to someone else if/when they choose to move on from their current car and get some money back. We'd simply transfer the license over to the new VIN. Tuning is also fully transparent and you get to datalog our maps as well as any custom tunes and see how your car is performing. You can also take it further from there yourself or with a tuner of your choice, local or remote, and dial in the setup for your specific needs.

In your OP you mentioned the E series N54 engine as well for some reason. We don't support E series tuning of any kind at all and that includes both E series N54 and N55 engines. It has been that way since the beginning of 2015 when we started working on bm3 as again there is and was no time to do that while also developing bootmod3 features.

Whichever solution you choose to go with we hope it'll work out for you and wish you the best

Link to the bm3 facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1995370330682747/

Everyone's welcome

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 03-09-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
963mw331.00
Fknid38.50