Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyhusband604 View Post
Looking for some advice - my wife and I currently have 3 BMW's and we want to move to 2 vehicles:
  • 2016 M4 (my summer vehicle)
  • 2006 X5 4.4 (my winter vehicle)
  • 2013 X5 35d (my wife's year round vehicle and it has been great. She commutes 32,000km (20,000 miles) per year. This is due for an upgrade and depending on what I do will dictate what we get for her)
My M4 has basic visual and performance mods which I love. It turns heads everywhere I go and I get compliments on it almost daily. However its just so NOT practical. I can't carry much in it. I have to be careful everywhere I go due the the ground clearance (yes its lowered but if I go back to stock I wont be happy with the looks). I live in BC where we have hills and mountains everywhere, and occasionally get snow - so while I'm sure I COULD drive it in the winter, it does not instill confidence - so I don't drive it 4-5 months of the year and drive the E53.

So as the title states I am seriously considering trading the M4 on a 2016-2017 X5M. I have always wanted one. Fast, AWD, room for cargo, and it can tow. I know I will miss the car on those perfect days though, and I know it wont get the reactions like the F80 does (yes I'm shallow like that).

I know this is a BMW forum so I expect allegiances but I am also considering a 2014+ RRS Supercharged. I do have a little concern about reliability, and I know they aren't as quick as the F85 - but I love the look of them and they can be found for a little less money.

Any thoughts or advice? I seem to change my mind every 12 hours on what to do. Yesterday I was sure an RS7 was the answer, today I'm back to the X5M.
I traded my M3 for my 50i and I'm totally happy that I did. The only part that I miss is the hard top convertible.
Appreciate 0