Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelin Nauti View Post
I have a 2015 X5 50i

I am looking into getting all the bells and whistles with a new V1 radar detector. (Valentine one) I see they have some compatibility issues with some accessories.

I'm not sure if we have these issues or not. Here is what it says from V1 website.

Can anyone help with these questions ?

CARS WITH SAVVY COMPATIBILITY ISSUES

Applies to most SAVVY purchased
Electric vehicles
BMW with OBD-sensing alarm system
Micro Hybrid vehicles equipped with a Lithium-ion starter battery

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR ALL SAVVY VERSIONS
SAVVY draws a small current from the car battery even with the ignition switched off. Use caution in vehicles with weak batteries, or that go for long periods without being driven.
OnStar® and Uconnect® cannot run their full diagnostic test if SAVVY or any other device is plugged into the OBD port. SAVVY does not interfere with any other OnStar function. Some OnStar and Uconnect users may experience a Check Engine Light when SAVVY is installed.
Aftermarket alarms, remote-start kits, performance tuning kits, and other devices that "piggyback" on the vehicle's OBDII system interfere with SAVVY function.

The other thing is I plan on getting a Boot Mod 3 tuner.. will this be affected by the V1 accessory SAVVY ?
Boot mod 3 is not an OBD plug in. Its loaded to the ecu via the OBD. I believe It's referring to people who have tunes that are in a chip that plugs into the OBD to be integrated and stays there. Lot of diesel mods I've seen like this and trucks. My dad had one on his jag for awhile. But I know there is a history of the OBD and alarm thing. Search that one.

But now A days I would go with uniden over V1.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0