View Single Post
      01-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #29
chiplee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrow View Post
I don't get these "cute" comments. Have you all seen the current X3 in person? My girlfriend and sister both have F25 X3s and I think cute is the last word I'd use to describe them. The front end is aggressive as hell looking, especially for an SUV. With much more defined lines compared to the "rounded and bubbly" lines of current X5 if any of them look cute it would be it.

Can't speak for the X1. BMW has delayed its release here in the US because the new X3 is selling like crazy so I haven't seen one in person.
To each his own, obviously, but I think the X3 looks plain compared to an LCI E70, and I've seen it in person plenty of times. Seems like I'm always parking next to them. I do think the fender flares and 20/21" wheels are a must to fully realize the X5's "aggressive" potential, but even without those things, I still favor the X5 over the X3 by quite a wide margin. I may be a little strange though I'll admit, because I actually favor the X5 with flares and 20s over the X5M. Something about those color matched fender flares just does NOT do it for me on the X5M. The front end is pure sex, but the wheel wells are
Appreciate 0