View Single Post
      03-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #38
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWK View Post
Has everyone lost thier marbles?? this move from a beautiful flowing and wholly integrated dash to one that has a TV sitting in the middle of the dash is ridiculous. I took a 6 for a test drive. When I got in the car I told the sales rep he could "drop the screen." Thats when I was first told that the stupid screen sitting like a wart on the dash and in plain view would not retract.

What a great car. But what a stupid idea not to have that silly screen retract. Now they are doing the same thing to the X5 and others in their line up. Its gross. I thought the new ML's interior sucked because of all the brightwork. But at least they dont put a big lump of coal in the middle of the dash that i have to stare at.

When are these guys going to get this message. At he Tor car show the sales guys told me EVERYONE is complaining about the botched 6 and 3 series dashboards.

So I guess its a range rover to get the groceries. And yes i passed on the 6 too.
I am not a fan of the pop up/retractable screens either. IMHO, they come off as after market modded stereo systems that were all the rage back in the early/mid 2000's. I prefer a fixed screen because it seems classier, less cumbersum and ultimately, it looks like it is meant to be there, and NOT an add on from Circiut City..... remember them...?

Just my 2 cents