View Single Post
      12-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #62
AMR
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
As a former 2007 GL450 owner, I was disappointedn the new 2013 GL. The drivng dynamics and overall feel moved towards the likes of the Chevy Suburban. Rather than waiting to see if BMW botched the X5 or not, I grabbed an X5M while I can.

I hope they step up the quality and design game on the next X5, because....sorry to say this...both the new GL and current X5 get trounced by the new Range Rover. Quality, design and yes even driving dynamics on the new RR are two generations ahead. I know the X5 doesn't compete directly with the GL, I know the X7 would be the real RR competitor, but all three get cross-shopped by prospective buyers. And they better do something about interior finishes and colors, instead of depressing all black, the cheap Accord beige...or the ooops, we have to offer "choice", so let's just slap on some brown or white leather (and white headliner!) on top an all black sea of plastics and carpeting. Have you seen the GL or even ML's interior finish and color? OK, I veering a little but I can't help myself!
Appreciate 0