Thread: Zodiac Watches?
View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Zodiac was the sh*t in the '60s and '70s among surfers and divers, the hardcore types. Zodiac eventually got bought and sold by the Tag folks, and in the early part of this millennium, Fossil bought the brand.

Your watch says "Swiss Made," so I suspect if it's mechanical, it has either an ETA or Selitta movement inside. What that basically means is it will work and do so without a whole lot of involvement from you. If it's got a quartz movement inside, it's either ETA or more likely Ronda. Either way, it'll work just fine too and it'll keep better time than will a mechanical one.

From a collector's point of view, the only Zodiacs of note are the vintage ones. That said, were someone to give me a watch just like yours, I'd say thanks, and I'd happily wear it because it looks nice. As best as I can tell -- and with Fossil Group companies it's very hard to tell since they swap new styles in and out so often -- it's a nice watch that you can rely on to give you many years of good service.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0