View Single Post
      10-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #53
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
Well, saying that is a whole lot easier than going into an expose about the differences between the two cars, which is only required when someone is really interested in the car. "Its a little lower and a little longer, has a slopier (sic) roof and has better driving characteristics." Most people stop listening before that sentence is complete.

That last point isn't valid anymore since you can get DPC on an X5 now (and you couldn't on an E70), whereas it was standard on X6s (and now its not). Since the expose sentence isn't as long now, the 'stop listening' phenomena is reduced so I can probably go with that in the future.
I guess that is easier, lol.

Regarding the last point, which I assume refers to the handling of both vehicles. The X6 is about 200-300 lbs lighter than the X5. That's a pretty big difference in how handling, 0-60 times, and braking are concerned. Also, just so I wouldn't sound ignorant, in the past 15 minutes, I read in depth about about how cars are affected through differences in weight reduction (200 lbs specifically). If the X5 and X6 have the exact same options, the X6 will win. Yes, the driver matters, but let's just say for fair comparison that the Stig does a lap in both. So, the X6 will handle better .