Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Hey, sorry, no insult intended, I know the 235 to be a great car...it's just my feeling that BMW is blasting the M symbol around too much... Doesn't the M235 have something like 16 ///M badges?

I've always considered ///M to be the pinnacle of obtainable automotive sport and performance, now the marketing guys and bean counters are hyper-diluting the M brand and the average Joe on the street will see ///M so often it'll loose its prestige and exclusivity.

Peace be with you as you drive your beast on the streets, repping the ///M legacy 😊
The pot calling the kettle Black. Neither the 1M nor the M2 have an "S" motor.

So they are in the same boat as the M235, as far as not being a real M.

They really should have called it a 2M. If they wanted to call it an ///M2, then it should have had an "S" motor and a Carbon Fibre roof.
lol...NOPE. nowhere near the same boat as an M235. the 1M and M2 both have full M architecture, M-diff, M brakes, M steering racks, etc etc etc....Hey are full on M cars, unlike the M235 which had NONE of that. It's amazing to me that a car as coveted as the 1M still gets generalized comments from people who just don't understand what makes an M car. Get over it....and stop trolling.

There is a reason why the F8X and M2 are all using the recipe from the 1M and are totally inspired by the 1M; as far as 'modern' M cars the 1M is the daddy...
Appreciate 0