View Single Post
      06-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
Kyson
Rep
Drives: V12 Vantage S Manual

'18 50i or wait?

Hey everyone,
In a conundrum and could use some advice. With the G05 right around the corner, and some good deals on F15s to be had I find myself a little lost with what to do.

I'm considering replacing a hard loaded Raptor I ordered last year with an X5 XDrive 50i I do like the truck's presence (monochromatic dark gray, no decals) and utility (it can literally do anything), as well as its general ride and drive comfort, AC seats, technology, etc. and the value retention is crazy high. I just don't use it very often (6k/yr), and certainly not for it's engineered purpose.

I know the G05 is around the corner and my dealer is advising me to wait for the new one, but I actually like the current body style quite a bit. I'd likely go with an in-stock one that is close to my desired spec, or I can act quickly and order one directly to spec.

I've owned a few BMWs through the years, though never an X5. I drove an X3M40i last week and really enjoyed the driving dynamics but it was a bit small and lacked the visual presence a 21" fat tired M-Sport 50i has.

While I'm pretty structured everywhere else in life, auto purchases are almost always passion plays for me. On paper, the right move would be to wait for the higher hp G05 to drop in a couple years or keep the utility of the Raptor and just snag an M40i as a daily. I just love the look of the 50i Sport and would actually use it more than the truck. I realize the seats aren't going to cool as well, the tech is similar and I give up some utility. What I don't have a feel for are the intangibles of the 5.0 as a moderate use daily driver - are current owners passionate about them, or are they excited to replace them with the new body style, huge grilles be damned? I don't want to look back in two months and realize an F15 was temporary flash of excitement and while saving 10k, it was a mistake as they potentially/quickly become less desirable in the market.

Thanks for any advice and suffering through this long post.

Last edited by Kyson; 06-21-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003945.00