Thread: Invicta?
View Single Post
      10-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #24
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Invictas are fine watches for the money. They don't feel/look cheap as some have said, at least their "homage" style watches don't. Those follow a recipe and actually look really good. Their gold plating wears off pretty quickly so I would stick to stainless steel in the high-contact areas. Also the lume sucks if you get one with lume. But their Japanese automatic movements are solid. Their newer 24-jewel Japanese movement is excellent, or for a little more money you can get into one with a Swiss movement but at that point you're spending more than what the "charm" of the Invicta is worth.

What is the "charm" of an Invicta PINeely? I'll tell you, Bimmerpost user. They're dirt cheap and tend to copy more established styles from well-known brands. If you're thinking about a watch that costs thousands but you're not sure if you'll like it long term, buy an Invicta that looks like it and wear it around for a bit. Or maybe you're traveling and want a GMT function but you don't want to spend a ton of money on a watch you are only going to wear a few times (but you don't want a total POS either). Or maybe you just want a little diversity in your collection, a watch to match a certain item of clothing/ accessory, a beater to wear when conditions don't favor something nicer, etc. etc.

Now, all of this comes with a big caveat: Invicta's product is fine. Invicta as a company is GARBAGE. Some have mentioned their cute little "discount" marketing tactic. They are also department store whores; they sell their product to the smaller stores at first for, let's say, $100 each. But when the product is no longer moving well they get impatient and sell the whole line to Belk or Dillards for $50 each, thus screwing the mom and pops... same with the ones you see on Amazon. Worst of all, their customer support is DOG SHIT. I've only used it once for a couple of replacement links but if you ever have a problem with their watches, good luck. They're right up there with Comcast in the customer service department.
Appreciate 0