View Single Post
      07-14-2019, 01:38 AM   #38
F1 fan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 m3 all options. Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
It's only critical when posers with low reps come in and attempt to upsell their "special" products to all of us who are here everyday trying to better the community with actual valuable knowledge and truth about owning these amazing vehicles.

But when you get these guys who contribute nothing and then come to the board where I spend more time in a day than they ever have and try and mislead some poor soul to get a quick sale it's our job to not let that happen.

Don't tell me your vehicle is fully loaded or even loaded when it isn't even close. Don't come to this Board and tell me your car is special and the "best looking X5" available. When it's not. Don't tell me your car is rare and since it "came from the factory" with the exact some products that anyone can purchase and have installed on their car by their own dealer before even receiving it, is somehow better than anyone else's. Show me a badge. Show me some proof your car is better. And I'll say ok cool and good for you. Looks like every other clean kept car on here.

Save those antics for auto trader and eBay. It's just insulting and makes you look like a joke.

Oh and Don't reference YouTube as proof of anything lol. Might as well tell me you found it on Wikipedia. Of course BMW advertised their M sport with all their new M performance parts. They literally do that to every car they've ever made when they release the m performance parts. You don't see the guys in the 3 and 5 series toting theirs as something special.

Do you have any documentation that shows your car is special?

Sorry you got offended by my truth. I told you had a very nice car and should be proud of it and I meant it.
But you are over priced for missing so many factory options. Your average person is going to care about ACC and ventilated seats and B&O Stereo more than cf lips and diffusers and a vinyl sticker that says M performance. You don't even have the MP interior. Your missing the MP dead pedal and cf interior.

Guess just too many snow flakes out there these days with paper thin skin. Not everyone is special. Not everyone deserves a trophy.
I shouldn’t even comment, but I will for the sake of simple facts.
Did bmw offer the x5 with all of the options that are on my car before it reached the dealer. Simple answer is yes they did.

Does that make it special? No
Does that make it rare that it came this way along with others that customers bought in low numbers? Yes to some people it does.
Do I think it’s one of the nicest looking x5’s that you could by off the dealer without addition modifications? Yes, my opinion only.
Am I being misleading or trying to mislead anybody? No
I attached the window sticker so anyone interested in the car could see what came on it and what options it has.
Did they offer this package in other countries with all the m performance parts? Yes including the 30d in Europe and even the E plug in version in China.

More importantly, the people on this and all forums of any car type spend a lot of time reading and learning because that’s one of the reasons these forums exist. Not all will contribute and have a million posts because that’s not the way everyone works.

I’m am a major car enthusiast and to be labeled a so called poser is so ridiculous. I’m just trying to sell a car here.

My family, meaning my wife and I have owned 7 bmw vehicles since 2006. I even worked in the aftermarket industry for years albeit years ago. I have big time passion for the enthusiast side if the industry.

I’ve been in it since the Honda days then moved on to other brands.
I had a e92 m3 I bought new for five years
My wife has had all the rest including 2 x5’s
4 Subaru sti’s
2 golf r’s mk7’s
Now I have an Audi s3
None of mine and most of hers have never stayed stock.

I just don’t get what your deal is. Contributions or not we are both car enthusiasts for sure. If we knew each other we would probably be friends.
You are correct about one thing. Their are people out there who aren’t that educated that you and I may shake our heads at when we see what they do to the cars they own or put things on forums that don’t seem to make sense, but that’s their thing and what they like or say is not for me to judge. Maybe you feel different. I will chime in on a conversation to try to answer a question, but never to criticize or discredit them. All I can say at the end of this is my knowledge level of multiple brands and the aftermarket is very extensive. Keep that in mind when you call bs on the car that I’m trying to sell to someone who may appreciate what it has to offer. I don’t need a defensive rebuttal from you. I really don’t care, but I felt a need to speak up on everyone’s behalf. Having thick skin has absolutely nothing to do with it. Again the everybody wins comment along with that and you don’t know a single thing about me. I’m not going to go on any longer and sorry for being long winded. I just can’t believe that a for sale thread or any thread can turn so negative when we all love cars.
Appreciate 4
rilla84.50
jiggz2150.00