04-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #23
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyracer View Post
but they have historically been lacking compared to M BMWs in handling finesse.
once audi was able to figure out weight distribution their handling improved dramatically. i owned a b7 rs4 back in the day and the way any 911 has the engine hang off the rear of the vehicle audi did the same but in the front. b8 chassis era and forward audi dialed in a lot of that slop and counterweight. adding torque vectoring diffs and rwd bias got them to better narrow the gap in handling. that being said for me ///M seems to do it the best in terms of driver engagement, //AMG does it very well too but differently and /RS appears to aim their designs for comfort and performance while not really hitting the mark 100% on either. not bashing audi, i am a life long enthusiast and fan... i have owned every audi s/rs worth owning but just my opinion based on my ownership experience. this is the main reason i have not revisited anything they have offered in some time and the RS6 is the product i have been waiting for to get back into the brand. the RS7 and S8 are up there too but the RS7 is so dated now that one is better off going for the newest.
Appreciate 1
Kief4440.00