View Single Post
      12-09-2023, 05:57 PM   #4
RockDriver
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 M Sport 30D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunk88 View Post
Pretty sure the 19’s are 255/50R19 all the way around. Plenty of run flat all season choices in that size. Maybe the M Sport package has the rear 285/45R19 size? Yep, just looked it up, it does. But the “standard” 19” wheels are 255/50R19 all around.

I don’t think you’ll find all season runflats in the 20” sizes you mentioned. I went with non-run flats and I carry a plug kit and compressor. Will add an actual spare at some point. Maybe.

Anyway, yes, the staggered setups do have different width front and rear wheels, but only by an inch.
Yep, the M Sport. I've been considering this one: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02212242763866 and it seems that it has the staggered setup - 255/50 R19 front and 285/45 R19 back, from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong). No 285/45 R19 all season run flat tyres are available in UK. I've been punching the numbers in all tyre websites I could find. Bupkis.

I've been considering the all season conventional non-run flats, but then ideally I'd need the spare wheel. I've been tumbling down that particular rabbit hole for a while, and it seems that the spare wheels being sold (in UK at least) may not be quite the right circumference, which could apparently upset the Xdrive.

I need to take a Christmas trip across mainland Europe, so I'd like to be reasonably prepared. Or should I just say screw it, ride it out without the spare and rely on AA roadside assistance if I get stuck in some no man's land? I don't know. I once had a flat in very cold and snowy night and it was the very opposite of fun.
Appreciate 0