11-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #20
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDetailNV View Post
Update:

I did the muffler delete yesterday and replaced it with two separate straight 2.5inch pipes. It sounded quite mean but cold starts weren't too pleasing and the drone between shifts were annoying. I will post a video of the cold start! Solme may have liked it but to me it was too much for a classy SAV.

HOWEVER!!! I went back to my muffler shop today and had a non-resonated x-pipe installed and it's PERFECT so far. I can't comment on cold starts yet but regular driving is great with the shift pops being more pronounced but not overbearing in sport and sport+ mode. The shift pops or burble is virtually eliminated in comfort and eco pro mode. I have only been up to 55mph in 8th and experienced zero drone.

The sound so far is a nice v8 rumble that only my gets loud when you go WOT otherwise it's a mellow tone that suitable for the vehicles character.

I haven't noticed a loss in power but there is a definite weight savings with the muffler removal.

I've invested $260 so far since I went twice to get work done. I will get some external and internal video later.

At this point I am VERY happy! Before the X-pipe, I was not.

I will have pics posted later.

Jace
That makes sense. Plain muffler delete had something missing in the end result/sound, but I couldn't pinpoint what exactly. Possibly X-Pipe is the solution. Will await videos
Thank you!
Appreciate 0