02-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #9
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbal View Post
Reviving an old thread...my '17 is at end of lease next month. I was all set to order the F95. 3 different dealers will offer no discount off the 118K MSRP. I'm not impressed with the photos of the exterior of the new X5M to say the least. I find the interior of the the 2020 X5 M50 I drove cluttered and not impressive either (especially the fugly gauges). The F85 is a gorgeous car. The F95...not so much. So...I'm pretty hesitant to buy this thing without even driving it. And...I'd have to buy another winter setup for 4K because BMW changed the bolt pattern from the last 20 years. I'm strongly considering buying my lease at the 64K residual. Car will be at 45K miles. I realize this is not a great deal, but we know how we drove and maintained it, and love the color combo (LBB/silverstone). I plan on buying an exclusionary warranty and keeping it to 7 years/100k. Am I a fool for thinking this is a good idea? Any comments welcome.
I'm keeping my f86 for the long haul.

CPO runs out in September. I purchased the maintenance plan so all service done at dealership from first owner through me. I picked it up with 35k miles. I have 53 now. Biggest failures:

-xfer case. Lost fluid and needed replacement. Clutches were shot.
-one rear suspension air bag

That's about it short of maintenance.
Appreciate 0