Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya335
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
That's why BMW "suggests" that the tires are not meant for Winter driving. I have a dedicated Winter set up for my current X5 since the stock tires are Summer Performance. I've already ordered my set of Winter wheels/tires from BMW for my X5M. I'll be ready for next Winter.
For people who lease this just adds to the expenses. I'm getting a X BMW because I would assume I'd be able to take it to the mountains occasionally. Putting a tire that cannot do that simply limits the whole point of the vehicle.

BMW is also all over the places when it comes to tires. The first generation X5/X6 M's came with the Bridgestone Duelers, which are all season rated. However, regular X5/X6 with the 20in optional wheels only had the Dunlops.

Don't get me wrong, it was awesome to take turns in that car, especially for its size. However, it's silly when the M3 next to it is wearing the same rubber...

I'm not sure if this is the "summer tire" option they offer with certain wheel choices. If that's the standard tire for that model, then it's just a disappointing decision by BMW.
Duelers are not all season rated. They are summer rated only! Lol
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 0