Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
That’s a very good idea.

What I usually do is after using the AC for a length of time, will turn off and just run on the vent (non-AC) for a period before arriving at my destination.
I do that, too...but on those hot summer days when it would be stifling to turn off the AC before pulling into the garage (like when temps are like 85° F-up and 100% humidity)...that's when I use the park ventilation feature...or if I forgot to turn off the AC before getting too close to home or my destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo85 View Post
Thanks Qsilver7. I am going to have a hard time explaining this to my wife, and in reality, she will never drill down the menu to activate it, or remember to turn off A/C a few miles before arrival.

I wouldn't even blame her as this is unacceptable for a $70k car.

I just ordered some Kilma Cleaner that I will spray through evaporator temp sensor, will keep everyone posted on the results.
The issue is not that its a $70K car...it happens to ALL cars. It's a naturally occuring conditions based on "conditions" that have nothing to do with the cost/price of the vehicle...the bacteria & mold grow due to dampness, heat, and darkness. Just like if you had a $1 towel purchased at The Dollar Store or a $100 Egyptian cotton towel purchased from a high dollar department store...if you were to use either after a extreme workout and shower...then throw it (still wet) into your gym bag and zip it up, then toss the bag into your trunk on a 90°F summer day...both towels will stink to high heaven when you open the bag the next day.

Even after using the Kilma Cleaner to kill the bacteria & mold...if the conditions that allow the growth are still present...then it will return and you'll need to use the Kilma Cleaner over and over again when the issue returns.

Changing the environment or conditions that cause the growth is what will stop the issue.

I just thought of something in regards to helping your wife...perhaps you can make it simple & easier by creating a preset where all she needs to do is press ONE button and the activation screen appears.

The 1-8 preset buttons below the CD/DVD slot is not just for radio presets. They can be used to bring up something specific for anything the CIC/NBT/NAV/etc can do. If you put your finger up to the 1st button...you should see anything you've set appear...and if you move your finger across all the buttons...the display will show what all has been set on each button.

For instance, I set one of the buttons to have the NAV destination for home...so in case I'm somewhere unfamiliar....like from following friends to a location or just plain lost...I can just press the one preset button and it wil automatically set the navigation to direct me back home. I also did one for bringing up ALL of my radio presets. I bet you can do a preset to bring up the park ventilation screen...which I will probably do now that I've brought it up (thanks ).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-11-2018 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0